What is Dilaudid Hydromorphone HCL?
Dilaudid is the brand name of Hydromorphone, which belongs to a category of drugs which are termed as opiate analgesics.
The drug is given to persons suffering from pain. It was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the year 1984.
What are the different forms or types of Dilaudid 8 mg Hydromorphone?
The different forms or types in which Dilaudid 8 mg Hydromorphone is available are enumerated below:
1. 2mg, 4mg , 8mg tablets.
2. 1 Mg/ML Oral Liquid.
The drug is also available in immediate-release and extended-release tablets, an injection, a rectal suppository.
What are the other names of Hydromorphone?
Dilaudid, Dilaudid-HP, Exalgo, Hydromorph Contin, are the other names of Hydromorphone.
Where to buy Pills?
You can purchase Dilaudid 8 mg Hydromorphone from our online store. We ship the product worldwide to various countries.
What are the uses ?
Dilaudid 8 mg Hydromorphone is used for relieving the moderate or severe forms of pain.
How it works?
Dilaudid Hydromorphone operates by altering the way in which the body feels or responds to pain by changing the way in which the brain and the nervous system responds to pain.
What is the dosage of Dilaudid 8 mg Hydromorphone?
The dose of Dilaudid is decided by examining the condition and intensity of pain along with other factors.
The injection is administered once in 2-3 hours as per requirement.
The oral medicine is taken by mouth as per the doctor’s guidance, with or without food. You should not crush, open or break the extended-release tablet, but swallow it completely.
While taking the liquid form of Dilaudid, carefully measure the dose with a medicine measuring spoon or syringe instead of a kitchen spoon. It is necessary to shake the liquid medicine before use.
A rectal suspension is taken every 3-8 hours. It is not consumed through the mouth.
Dilaudid Hydromorphone Overdose
An overdose of Dilaudid 8 mg Hydromorphone can lead to serious symptoms such as feeling like passing out or facing trouble while breathing. Other symptoms of overdose include slow or shallow breathing, weakness, confusion, clammy skin, lightheadedness, slow heartbeat, pinpoint pupils, muscle spasms or chances of entering into coma. In such cases, you can give naloxone of available, or call the poison control center for preventing the chances of worsening of the situation.
If you ever miss a dose, then take it as soon as you remember it but if it is time for the next dose then you should avoid taking a double dose to make up for the missed one as it can lead to overdose.
What are the short and long-term effects of Dilaudid Hydromorphone?
Before taking Dilaudid, you must make sure to know all about its side effects that can occur after taking the drug. These side effects are enumerated below:
1.The occurrence of nausea or vomiting
3.Experiencing dryness of the mouth
7. Feeling dizziness or lightheadedness
8.Occurrence of drowsiness
12.The occurrence of mood changes
Some of the serious side effects of Dilaudid, which needs immediate attention of the doctor after stopping its intake immediately, are enumerated below:
1.Experiencing slowed or stopped breathing
2.The occurrence of rash or hives
3.Facing difficulty while swallowing
4.The occurrence of swelling of the eyes, face, lips, tongue, mouth, or throat
5.Occurrence of hoarseness
7.Chances of fainting
What are the drug interactions ?
With the following drugs, Dilaudid interests, so their interaction must be avoided:
1.Buprenorphine (Buprenex, Butrans, in Suboxone)
4. Medications for glaucoma, irritable bowel disease, Parkinson’s diseases, ulcers, and urinary problems
8.Selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar)
10.Intake of alcohol while taking Dilaudid increases the risk of serious side effects. So alcohol must be avoided.
1. Inform the doctor about all prescription, non-prescription, illegal and recreational drugs; herbal remedies; and any nutritional or dietary supplements that you are taking, so that the doctor can tell if there are chances of any interaction.
2. Dilaudid can make you feel drowsy. So, you should better avoid driving or operating machinery.
3. Avoid taking doses more than that prescribed by the doctor as it is habit forming.
4. Inform the doctor about all your medical history so that he can tell you if the drug is safe for your or not.
5. If you are not opioid tolerant and take the concentrated solution of the drug, then it can lead to serious side effects,
6. Do not stop taking the medicine suddenly as it can lead to withdrawal symptoms if used for a longer time or higher doses are used.
7. Pregnant ladies should avoid taking the drug to prevent any chances of undesirable side effects on the unborn baby.
8. Breastfeeding mothers should not take the drug as it can pass through the breast milk and cause side effect on the newborn baby.
How to get prescription?
You can get Dilaudid medicine prescribed by your doctor if you have any kind of pain. In case you do not have the prescription, then also you can purchase it from our online store. But we strongly recommend you to take the medicine only with the advice of a doctor.
What is the legal status of Dilaudid 8 mg Hydromorphone?
Dilaudid is a potentially habit-forming drug like other opioids used for analgesia. So, it is listed under the Schedule II of the United States Controlled Substances Act of 1970. In Austria, it is a controlled drug. In other countries such as French, Canadian, Australian, Italian, Czech, Croatian, Slovenian, Swedish, Polish, Spanish, Greek, Russian countries, there are similar laws regarding the drug.